Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fiber Colors Inspiration

My husband and I went on a vacation to Otter Crest on the central coast of Oregon. While I was looking at the photos from the trip I decided to use them as inspiration for color combinations to dye fiber for yarn spinning and needle felting projects.

I'm going to use a program on the website at www.colourlovers.com to capture the colors onto a palette and then dye the yarn at a fiber dyeing party at my Oakland First Sunday Spinners Group meeting.

This is a view from the deck of our room at The Inn at Otter Crest. We had a beautiful sunset on our first night.
There were some fun touristy shops at the nearby town of Depoe Bay. I liked the colors in several of these vases.


I'll capture the red, orange, purple and gold from this dragon.


There are a lot of cool blue, green and lavender colors in this photo.
The black colors will make a dramatic contrast to the coral and gold colors for this yarn.


This is a picture of Depoe Bay taken right across the street from all of the shops. A sea wall follows the whole length of the street.

We'll see how many of these color palettes I'll be able to use at my dyeing party tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment