Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Needle-felted Sculpture Inspired by the Mountains of West Maui

I started working on this needle-felted sculpture when we were in Maui, mostly while Larry was taking naps between our hikes along the beach. I also took it with me last month when I was at the Fiber in the Forest retreat at Camp Myrtlewood, Oregon.

My sculpture picture of Maui will be one of about 14 other panels that will be displayed together in a group project called "A River Runs Through It". Each person from the Fyber Cafe club in Roseburg, Oregon will make a panel in her own favorite fiber medium, such as quilting, weaving, appliqué, knitting, etc... The panels will be displayed next to each other, with the river running through all of the panels, but they will each depict a different scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment